These rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all pool users. They are designed to assure safe and sanitary operation of your pool. Parents should instruct their children to observe all rules and obey the lifeguards. Continued failure to comply with these rules will result in suspension of pool privileges.
The cost of any property damage or expense incurred through violation of the rules and regulations by a member will be charged to the responsible member. The Swimming Hole, Inc. cannot be responsible for loss or damage to personal property on its premises.
Members are urged to respect the property and privacy of neighboring residents.
The Swimming Pool, Inc. is a non-profit corporation with a volunteer Board and Officers. Your suggestions and participation are welcome.
(Subject to annual review and change; see posted hours)
1. Until school is out:
Monday – Friday 3:00 pm to 8 pm
Saturday 10 am to 8 pm
Sunday 12 pm to 8 pm
2. Regular Summer hours:
Monday – Friday 10 AM to 8 PM
Sunday 12 PM to 8 PM
Pool hours are subject to change depending upon rental arrangements with outside organizations. Changes in hours will be posted at the pool. Pool hours may be changed by the pool manager due to bad weather or unsafe conditions.
The lifeguards, under the direction of the managers and Board of Directors, have complete authority in the management of the activities in the pool area.
- Lifeguards will determine which swimmers are qualified to enter the deep end of the pool and/or use the diving board
- Lifeguards may deny privileges to anyone who fails to comply with the rules
- Because lifeguards are charged with ensuring the safety of swimmers, there must be no unnecessary visiting with them. Anyone distracting lifeguards or otherwise interfering with their work will be suspended from the pool by the manager.
GENERAL POOL RULES
Parents: Please review these rules with your children!!
- For safety reasons, the following are prohibited: running, dunking, wrestling, horseplay, pushing others into the pool, sitting on ropes, any game a lifeguard deems dangerous to participants or disturbing to non-participants.
- Tennis balls and other small rubber balls may not be thrown into or across the pool at any time. Large, soft beach-type balls are allowed in and around the pool.
- Elementary school aged children (not completed 5th grade) and below must be under the supervision of an authorized responsible person while at the pool.
- The authorized person responsible for supervising elementary school aged children (not completed 5th grade) and below is at the member’s discretion. It is the discretion of the Pool Manager to determine if a babysitter or sibling, supervising a child under the elementary school age (not completed 5th grade) and below, is appropriately watching the child in the water. If the Pool Manager decides that the designated sitter is not appropriately watching the child in the water, the pool manager can dismiss the child and the sitter from swimming, until an appropriate sitter is designated.
- To be allowed into the deep end of the pool without the direct supervision of an adult, all children, under the age of 12, must pass the Swimming Hole, Inc. swim test (swim once the length of the pool, stopping and treading water for 45 seconds).
- Diving into the pool from a lifeguard’s chair or any other object (except the diving board) is prohibited.
- All persons must shower before entering the pool. Health laws require full compliance. Persons having a contagious skin condition or other physical condition that might be detrimental to others are not permitted to use the pool. Children should be reminded to use the toilet before swimming in the pool.
- Leftover food, drinks and other trash must be disposed of in proper receptacles.
- Glass or other breakable objects are not permitted in the pool area.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at The Swimming Hole at all times.
- Bicycles should be parked in the grass area outside the pool fence.
- No pets are allowed inside the pool area.
- The pool phone is for urgent Swimming Hole, Inc. business calls only. Lifeguards will not relay messages called in from the outside, except in cases of emergency.
- Inflatable pool toys and artificial swimming aids are allowed in the shallow end only. Fins, goggles and kickboards may be used in any part of the pool. Non-swimmers using swimming aids must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult when they are in the water.
- Lost & found items, especially clothing and towels, are disposed of regularly. Please check the lost & found bin frequently, if you are missing an item. The Swimming Hole is not responsible for lost or missing items.
- There will be a lifeguard rest-break every hour on the hour lasting ten (10) minutes. Adults may stay in the pool during rest break at their own risk. Children must leave the pool during rest-break, except for very young children (non-swimmers) who are in the pool under the direct supervision of a responsible adult (18 years or older).
- At the first sound of thunder, lifeguards should immediately clear all patrons from the pool. Patrons should not re-enter the pool until 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder. At the first sight of lightning, patrons must clear both the pool and pool deck and exit the facility. Lifeguards should seek shelter indoors. Patrons should not re-enter the facility until one hour after the last sight of lightning.
- All commercial activities taking place on the premises must be approved in advance by the Pool Board of Directors.
- Any pool party, rental of pool or other use of the facility outside of regular operation must be approved in advance by the manager.
- All guests must be accompanied by a Swimming Hole member.
- All persons using the pool must obey the directions of lifeguards and manager. Objections may be appealed to the Board.
DIVING BOARD RULES
- Divers under age (twelve) 12 must have passed the swim test.
- Only one person on the board and its steps at a time.
- Dive only straight from the end of the board. Never dive off the side of the board.
- Never double bounce on board. A double bounce is defined as 2 consecutive fast bounces (this does not include the initial jump)
- Diver must check under the board and in front before diving – diver is responsible if he or she hits a swimmer.
- Do not hang from the end or side of the diving board.
- Dives considered unsafe by a lifeguard are not permitted.
- CONSEQUENCES1st violation: Loss of board privilege for 24 hours.
- 2nd violation: Loss of board privilege for 7 days.
- 3rd violation: Loss of board privilege for remainder of summer.
WADING POOL RULES
- The wading pool is for pre-school children only. Children who are swimmers must stay out of the wading pool during rest break.
- Children at wading pool must be supervised by an authorized adult. Lifeguards do not supervise the wading pool.
- Children that are not toilet trained are required to wear a swim diaper the entire time they are using pool facilities.
- All non-members must pay $3.00 per person for a pool guest pass; however, there is no charge for a guest who lives 50 miles or more from Davidson.
- Any guest must be accompanied by a member.
- Any guest must be accompanied by a member during their visit to the pool.
- Guests must sign-in with the lifeguard on duty and provide and emergency contact for the day.
For a printable copy of these rules please Click Here
The Above Rules were last updated April 30, 2014